question

Timaz avatar image
Timaz asked

I have a 100/30 charge controllerover voltage errors for 5 days.. Can it be fixed in phoenix az

I have a 100/30 charge controller that was showing over voltage errors for 5 days...100.3 - 102 volts.I added a 5 watt resistor to lower the no load voltage condition on the panels. There is now no output from the controller. It shows 97 volts from the panels and the batteries at full float. I have four panels on my RV and a 2000 watt Trace inverter / charger with it's own controller. I think I may have blown the internal fuse. Is there someone in Phoenix, AZ that can fix it? I just bought this controller in August of this year.

fuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
svtti123 avatar image
svtti123 answered ·

sounds like you exceeded the absolute 100v max voltage for the 100/30 .....crossing the 100 volt pv hardware limit causes unrepairable damage to the controller.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Timaz,

This is covered in section 1.1 of the manual - PV voltage up to 100V, and in more detail under the PV Configuration section Maximum: 144 cells (4x 12V or 2x 24V panel in series). - Remark: at low temperature the open circuit voltage of a 144 cell solar array may exceed 100V, depending on local conditions and cell specifications. In that case the number of cells in series must be reduced.

Please submit a support request here - https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/?is_next=www.victronenergy.com

The best place to find local support anywhere in the world is here - https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic