question

psynapt1k avatar image
psynapt1k asked

EasySolar 48/3000 - How do I stop powering Non-Essential Loads in ESS with BatteryLife?

Hi All.

I have searched the community and I do not seem to get an absolute answer from the posts.

I have just installed an EasySolar 48/3000 - I have an ESS with Energy Meter ET112.

My supply is separated into Non-Essential (Stove, Geysers etc) and Essential Loads. My Non-Essential loads do not run thrrough the EasySolar AC-out2, they have a dedicated Switch Board.

Essential Loads run through the EasySolar AC-Out1A and 1B

The issue I have:

When the EasySolar is configured in ESS as Optimized with BatteryLife, and a Non-Essential load (Geyser) is switched on, the Non-Essential load starts draining my batteries at an alarming rate. I have noticed that the AC-IN of the EasySolar actually becomes an AC-OUT and powers Non-Essential loads to the max rating of the Inverter.

Is there a way to tell the EasySolar NOT to power the Non-Essential loads at all?

I would like the Non-Essential loads to be powered from the Grid Only to be able to preserve Battey power for the Essential Loads, in the evening, or when there is no PV power.

Thanks for the help.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Psynapt1k

The only way to do this is to put these loads before the energy meter.

The idea for ESS is to provide power to all loads, the critical / non critical loads is to select what is powered in case of a grid-failure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

Hi

I have exactly the same problem as this in a setup with different components. I have had some limited success by adjusting the grid set point and the minimum SOC but would love some more input on how to manage this

1 comment
2 |3000

johnjvanesch avatar image johnjvanesch commented ·
So far the only way I get around this issue is to manually switch between external and internal CT via the Remote Console ESS.

Desperately looking to automate this via Node Red (or suchlike) but it seems that function is not available outside of the Remote Console functionality…

I have an external CT meter on the incoming grid; then my non essentials; then my inverters.

0 Likes 0 ·