question

Rob Duthie avatar image

Easysolar 12/1600/70 AC output pulses under load

Easysolar 12/1600/70 AC output pulses under load, Has latest firmware updates as of the 30/9/2019. when running a small loads 10 to 20 watts OK, when running more the 300 watts the AC output pulses between 230Vac to 200Vac and lower? load was a heat gun as an example.

Battery is 12v 800Ah AGM pack and fully charged to 100% SOC voltage does not dip down below

13v under the 300 watt load.

The main torroid transformer buzzes very badly.

This is a new install.

EasySolar All-in-One
4 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Does the multi do this for all loads?

Some dodgy hand tools use a diode as a speed/heat control.

Hi

So any load with some sort rectifier or SCR speed control inside can do this to the Victron inverters?

If this is the case not very good on Victron part, as i have seen some other brands which don't do this?

We need a explanation for Victron on this matter?

As clients expectation are high when they purchase high end inverters and they cant deliver what they wanted etc.

Regards

Rob D

I am more thinking of devices that use a single diode to use only half the ac wave.

Hi

No, just electronic speed control triac SCR based, etc i will be retesting with other loads to see what it does etc.

Very odd fault for and inverter to do.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image

Hi

Some loads with rectifiers can make the Easy-solar buzz as well. i had instance of a heatgun and hair dryer make it buzz.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image

We found a dodgy Neutral in the load side in system that buzzed. So check that side. Glad we did as we also thought it was the Victron. We have also heard buzzing/crackling in a system that had an electric timer on a breaker.