question

awalkerinuk avatar image
awalkerinuk asked

ESS Minimum SOC changed to 85% from 10% by software, GX Firmware V3.33

Hi

Updated GX firmware to V3.33 a few weeks ago, but have not updated Victron Multiplus II software.

All seems to be running fine, but just had a quick look at system and it says Recharging (on VRM webpage).

Batteries had got down to 21% and solar was slowly charging the batteries. Charge was scheduled for midday to top them up from mains as that's a cheaper price than now.

Minimum SOC (unless mains fail) had changed to 85%!

So system was doing a full(ish) charge.

I used to get the sustain kick in every so often on the older software, is this the similar?

Or do I need to change a setting to stop this minimum SOC being changed. As I normally just manually setup the cheapest charge slots from the grid and this has always worked well until now. Ideally don't want the system charging when it wants on higher priced slots.

No errors reported from battery or system

Any help appreciated thank you.

ess settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Outside of "with batterylife" ESS cannot change the minimum SOC. The active minimum using batterylife, that can change, though usually unaffected by software changes.

Might be worth checking the audit logs on VRM that it wasn't changed by mistake, or if you have any mods that could change it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

awalkerinuk avatar image awalkerinuk commented ·

No mods on system. Might have been hacked as you say the VRM report says screenshot-2024-06-26-111935.png

But sure it was not me. Interestingly it does not show me changing it back to 10% from 85%.

Thanks for your help. have switched 2FA now and reset password, just in case.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@awalkerinuk

Are you using optimised with battery life in the ESS menu?

If so then that is the most likely cause.

1 comment
2 |3000

awalkerinuk avatar image awalkerinuk commented ·
Optimised without battery life.

Thanks for help though.

Seems something weird happened

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic