question

vandevsr avatar image
vandevsr asked

DOA BMV-700. Flashes backlighting.

I just purchased a second-hand BMV-700 of unknown history. I wired it up as instructed in the victron video: the shunt to the neg of the battery and the red wire to the positive terminal., and the UTP cable connecting the shunt to the display.

The BMV flashes the display backlighting very rapidly continuously with no apparent message. It's absolutely unresponsive except if I press "setup" and "select" simultaneously the backlighting goes off, and the screen displays bL 1.02 . Pressing "-" once again sets it back to flashing the backlight.

I don't know what this means. Is it displaying a firmware version? Is it an indication of a low supply voltage for the display?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
vandevsr avatar image
vandevsr answered ·

It's all working good now. It must have been low voltage that makes those symptoms because I found a poor connector on the UTP cable. I crimped on a new telephone connector and it's all good.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks for the update!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic