question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

Duplicate BMV and MPPT on CCGX FW 2.33 (SOLVED)

Duplicate Items displaying in Device list

The BMV Fw 4.03 and the MPPT Fw 1.43both CCGX FW 2.33

Possible Cause, but I have not been out to the boat to test

I think

VE Direct port 1 was connected to the BMV on the CCGX

VE Direct port 2 was connected to the Smartsolar MPPT

I Then think these may have been swapped over by the customer

so

VE direct port 1 is now smart solar

ve direct port 2 is now BMV

I have had the customer removed both units from the ccgx and tried a full redetect and then also tried a full redetect when they are connected as well.

In the end I still end up with two of each VE direct item

I have not tried a full reset as then all the ccgx VRM setings etc would also be reset and I would no longer have remote access

CCGX Color Control
1569382082895.png (61.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dunnp avatar image
dunnp answered ·

Paul,

I'm seeing that behaviour on my Pi-based Venus systems. My devices are all on USB but if I change anything - eg rearrange inputs on a hub, I see duplicate entries. Sometimes 3 or 4 entries if I make a lot of changes. They can be manually deleted but they are a nuisance.

This shouldn't be a problem in practice once the system is bedded down, but I'm still in the wiring and learning phase so I'm seeing it a lot.

There are side-effects of this in VRM which uses instance IDs for logging devices. If there are duplicate devices, they have separate instance IDs and VRM treats them as different devices. It makes logging at device level - eg BMV battery temperature - very messy. System level is fine, VRM just sums all devices.

Cheers

Phil

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Found how to stop the issue in my case.

The Smart networking was turned on using the Victron Connect app for the MPPT and BMV and turning that off stopped the issue.

But if Smart Networking is needed then this wont help

2 |3000