question

aka avatar image
aka asked

Are the neutrals in EasySolar linked?

Hi Victron community

I was wondering if the neutrals in the Easy Solar 3kva ports input ( generator ) AC1 output via rcd or cb are connected when the generator input is running .

I have disconnected the men at the generator and the relay men function in the Easy solar . I am back feeding the main switchboard form the AC1 out put and men it there ?

my question is now should I have run a separate earth back from the MSB to the generator to men the generator ? or should I have left the men in place in the generator ? the inspection company is getting me for AS/NZS 3000 7.3.2

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi AKA,

This one can be tricky, and what each inspector is happy with varies with each inspector.

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to talk more to your dealer who supplied the equipment for this application. They should be able to explain how to make the equipment supplied compliant for your area and that specific application.

If you can't get the answers you need from them direct, please try this form.

I do have some info and experience in this beyond that, but please exhaust the above channels first so you aren't getting mixed messages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.