question

vojtech-kurka avatar image
vojtech-kurka asked

EVCS does not charge at all, VW ID.3, v1.28

I just installed new EVCS (EVCS-HQ2245HGGY7). Firmware v1.28

When the car is connected for the first time, it throws an error. So I start CP calibration, and then it's OK, it seems the car is connected.

BUT, the charging never starts, the EVCS just says "Charged". That's all.
I tested the car on multiple public AC charging stations, with the same cable, and it always works. The 230V charging cable (VW) also works flawlessly.

I tested this multiple times. I tested the Manual mode, then the Auto mode. I tested it with the GX device.
Then I did a reset to factory settings, and tested all again without any wifi connection, in Manual mode. The result is the same. When I connect the car and click on "Start", it just says "Charged".

Is the EVCS faulty?

screenshot-2024-06-23-at-90726.jpg

screenshot-2024-06-23-at-91852.jpg

screenshot-2024-06-23-at-91941.jpg

screenshot-2024-06-23-at-91952.jpg

screenshot-2024-06-23-at-85818.png

The successfult test on a public charger, immediately after the failed test at home:

screenshot-2024-06-23-at-91912.jpg

evcs
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, do you hear the contactor closing when you press on start charging?

There were few units where the connectors were loose or unplugged. Can you open the unit and check all the connectors? Eventually, give me some pictures.

1 Like 1 ·
vojtech-kurka avatar image vojtech-kurka Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
No, no contactor closing sound.

If I'm allowed to open the unit without loosing the warranty, I'll take a look.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ vojtech-kurka commented ·
Yes, no worries about warranty
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
vojtech-kurka avatar image
vojtech-kurka answered ·

Ok, this is the problem I guess:whatsapp-image-2024-06-23-at-131007.jpeg

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oh... sorry for this!

Please plug them back and give me the serial number, so I can send a report to the factory.

Make sure you recalibrate CP line

2 Likes 2 ·
vojtech-kurka avatar image vojtech-kurka Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Serial number:screenshot-2024-06-23-at-134617.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ vojtech-kurka commented ·

Thanks!, is it ok now?

0 Likes 0 ·

Finally, I did a test with a car again, and everything works flawlessly.

Thank you Lucian for the quick reply and solution.

I'm a little disappointed about the Victron quality control (considering the price), but I'm really happy with your support.

Thank you,

Vojtech

0 Likes 0 ·
I agree with you, it shouldn't be like this.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic