question

oopsibrokeit avatar image
oopsibrokeit asked

Repeated Blown Fuse on 75/15

I have a 75/15 SmartSolar MPPT, the enclosure where it was held took water and blew the 20A fuse. I replaced the fuse and immediately it blew again and again. Did I damage something internally? Is it a goner?

Thanks in advance.

smart solar set-up helpfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Oopsibrokeit, in my extensive experience running the test bench at the largest stocking Victron distributor in the western US: if that fuse blows once, the odds of recoverability are virtually nil. I'd say it's a goner... get in touch with the authorized distributor from whom you purchased the unit, however, and you have extremely good chances of being able to get a replacement unit; Victron is amazing about honoring their warranty even in many cases where units fail due to user error, so talk to your distributor and then -fingers crossed- when you get a new unit, make sure you change its mounting location to avoid a similar occurrence in the future.

Good luck!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic