question

mrft avatar image
mrft asked

How do I connect a Pylontech Low Voltage Comm. Hub to the EasySolar /how do I connect two easysolar systems in parallel

Good day all

We are in the process of setting up a brand new solar system using 12 x US3000 Pylontech batteries connected to 2 x EasySolar 48/5000/70 systems. A pylontech low voltage comm. hub is being used. I would like to know where the inverter output cable of the low voltage hub is connected to the easysolar system and what communication cable is needed for this?

Could someone also explain how I connect the two easysolar systems in parallel.

Thank you and regards,

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jsmvanwyk avatar image
jsmvanwyk answered ·

HI, Not sure about the Pylontech connection but with regards to the Easysolar systems, you connect them in parallel 100% the same way you would do in the instructions to connect to Multiplusses.

regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrft avatar image mrft commented ·

Thanks jsmvanwyk. I will contact an experienced installer for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

The pylontech low voltage hub is just a communications hub which is for the CanBus communication to the color control. The inverter power cables doesn’t connect to the hub, instead you’ll have a dc bus which will be a common point for the battery power cables, and the power cables to both inverters. The hub is externally powered by 12V. Read the manual of the hub for instructions on how to set it up, and the correct cabling layout.

As for connecting the two EasySolars, can I start with asking why two EasySolars as you would have two color controls where you only need one? It could have been one EasySolar, and a 5Kva Multi. Nevertheless, it’s not just a matter of connecting them up, they need to be programmed for parallel operation, and equally important they need to be wired up correctly. This is something I suggest you use an experienced installer for. Let us know how it goes!

1 comment
2 |3000

mrft avatar image mrft commented ·

Thanks Murrynated. The reason for the two easysolars is due to the fact that the units combine the charge controller and inverter in one. It would have been good if there was an option to purchase an easysolar without a colour controller.

0 Likes 0 ·