question

refik avatar image
refik asked

What is the right connection diagram for Cyrix ct 230?

The two diagrams (attached below) that are part of product documents are confusing with respect to the interpretation of the battery ports on Cyrix ct 230. It isn't clear at all which port is for start battery (I guess this is what is meant by battery 1) and which one for house battery.

Please help.

Thanks a lot for advice

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@refik, given that these are bi-directional relays, the importance of which battery gets connected to which post is minimized, but my understanding of the software that controls them indicates that the "start" battery is still prioritized, so with that in mind: As you face the unit (with the letters facing you, and the connections at the bottom), the rear post should be connected to your "start" battery, or "battery 1". Or, looking at the upper diagram in your post, it's the left post. The bottom diagram shows that reversed, and lends credence to the idea that it doesn't really matter, but as printed on the actual unit itself, the upper diagram is the correct one.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

refik avatar image refik commented ·

Justin,

Thanks a lot for your clear answer. I will connect batteries based on your interpretation.

Best regards,

Refik

0 Likes 0 ·