question

joeclaire avatar image
joeclaire asked

Phoenix 12v upgrade to 24v possible?????

I currently have a 12v battery system with two Phoenix 12v 3000Va 230V inverters connected in parallel. I would like to upgrade to a 24 volt system for better efficiency. All my chargers are capable of operating at 24volts so I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade my two phoenix 12 volt units to work on a 24 volt input???? Straight replacement cost would negate any efficiency cost saving even in the long run.....

Joe

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @joeclaire, sorry but no, that is not possible. Different transformer, different PCBAs and/or different population on the PCBAs, different software, and probably more I'm afraid.

best regards,

Matthijs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joeclaire avatar image
joeclaire answered ·

Just as I suspected though worth asking the question. Many thanks

Joe

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.