question

Todd Wackford avatar image

What is Modbus TCP register address/values for switching on/off AC OUT #2

Could not find in the latest register listing. As on previous post, I am wanting to control the AC out #2 on Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V.

Modbus TCPmodifications
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
juergen pflug avatar image
juergen pflug answered ·

Hi.

I wired the Venus GX Relais 2 to the Quattro Aux input.

Then I confured 2 assistants on the Quattro which follow the Relay state of the Venus GX.

I then created a virtual device in a Fibaro home automation system.

This devices connects to the Venus via Modbus TCP and can now switch the AC-Out2 :-)

I also created Virtual devices to read out almost everything that is available via Modbus TCP :-)

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Todd Wackford, sorry, perhaps I have not been writing my message clear:

The microprocessor in the MultiPlus, can switch the AC-Out 2. However, that on/off switching is not available as a MQTT, or ModbusTCP register. It would be nice, I agree. But its not possible now. And won't be anytime soon either I'm afraid.

What you can do; is set up Assistants in VEConfigure that switch that AC-out. And maybe; just maybe there is a way; by wiring the relay on your GX device physically into some aux input on the MultiPlus for example; to end up with a system where you have control over that output.

I don't know for sure; and can't test it out for you either; sorry. You'll have to try and test. Or perhaps there is someone else here in the community that has experience in this.

Otherwise; you can ofcourse simply buy a small contactor; wire it to a relay on your GX device, and then control it that way.

1 comment Share

Thanks for the clarity. Totally understand now.
Thank you.