question

denzel avatar image
denzel asked

Victron Mutiplus 3000V/24V (230v) AC 2 output voltage

Good Day,

My Inverter has 2 AC outputs , AC 1 and AC 2 . AC 1 reads 230V but AC 2 has a much lower voltage . Why is that? I wanted to connect my non-critical loads to AC 2 but its way too low.

Regards

ac out 2
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

The AC output 2 is connected to AC output 1, via a switch (relay) in the Live conductor. The AC output 2 will switch on 2 minutes after the AC input is live.

See below for the wiring diagram.

It might be that, external to the MultiPlus, Live and Neutral have been swapped or another erroneous external AC connection exists. This can potentially lead to a measurable voltage on AC output 2.

Test to be done by a licensed electrician:

• Disconnect AC output 1 and AC output 2 Live and Neutral wires
  • Measure the voltage between AC output 2 L and N. This should read 0V
  • Connect the AC input to mains voltage
  • Wait 2 minutes, you should hear a relay click after 2 minutes
  • Measure the voltage between AC output 2 L and N, this voltage should be equal to the AC input voltage.

If these steps do not remedy the situation, please contact your Victron supplier for additional technical advice.

0 Likes 0 ·
1569215398239.png (458.8 KiB)
2 Answers
Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

I thought AC2 was a direct pass-through of whatever AC input was active, but I could be wrong.

You may find that what you are seeing, asssuming you are measuring the voltage with no load, is just leakage from the snubbers on the switch...

Did a bit of digging and I was wrong AC2 appears to be from the inverter but by default is only on when the AC input is active, this can aparantly be changed with an assistent.

My second point is probably correct AC2 is turned off and what you are seeing is snubber leakage.

It will be interesting to see what other folk say.

Al

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tom avatar image Tom commented ·

I am not sure it is a direct pass through on AC2. I think you still have to have the inverter on. If you want a direct pass through with inverter off you may need to install an external transfer switch.

0 Likes 0 ·
denzel avatar image
denzel answered ·

Hi Guys,

So after some testing today, The AC OUT 2 works as stated. The AC OUT 2 is energized as long as the AC IN 1 is energized . Should AC IN 1 fail the AC OUT 2 fails (perfect for non-critical loads). What i found is that AC OUT 2 takes about 5mins to energize . I wasn't waiting long enough .

Regards

Denzel

2 comments
2 |3000

denzel avatar image denzel commented ·

For now i do see an issue: If the System is set to inverting mode (if using any ESS, the AC OUT 2 is out of power) .

Will research options to see if this can be mitigated .

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·

That is the correct behaviour. When unit is in inverter mode AC out 2 is off, and when unit is in charging mode the AC out 2 in on (after a 2 minute wait).

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic