question

stefan-db avatar image
stefan-db asked

VM-3p75ct stopped communication

Today my VM-3p75ct stopped communication ; had to reset (power-off) then everything fine again. This is not the first time this happens. What is the reason this happens?

vm-3p75ct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

How have you got it connected and what Ethernet cable are you using? I’ve got a CAT8 downward RJ45 works well looking through the log no errors on the meter, touch wood not locked up. PS you updated the firmware the latest is 1.06 seems a lot of updates have come out for this

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Stefan DB, how is your VM-3P75CT connected to the GX? Via Ethernet or VE.Can? Loss of comms should obviously not happen but in the case it does, you can also press the reset button briefly.

4 comments
2 |3000

stefan-db avatar image stefan-db commented ·
@Martin (Victron Energy) The meter is connected via ethernet. He is installed in the main panel ; the GX is connected to subpanel. The Multis stopped working clearly there was no communication anymore from the meter (according vrm explain). Communication from the cerbo was still ok via ethernet/internet. It is the meter who's communication that stopped/blocked but why? Switch-Cable- etc are for sure ok.
0 Likes 0 ·

@Stefan DB I see you are running VM-3P75CT firmware v1.05. Could you update to v1.06 to see if that improves the stability?

0 Likes 0 ·
stefan-db avatar image stefan-db Martin (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

1719502763608.png

@Martin (Victron Energy) I want to update but how? v1.05 is the latest version ...

0 Likes 0 ·
1719502763608.png (40.5 KiB)
stefan-db avatar image stefan-db stefan-db commented ·

@Martin (Victron Energy) found it to do the update ; will follow up & keep you informed. If you don't hear me anymore then this it good news :) .

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Stefan DB can you not connect it via @Martin (Victron Energy) apologies VE.CAN. not to self get sleep before posting! :) What ethernet cable are you using? try a good shielded cable

1 comment
2 |3000

VE.Bus is a dedicated bus for the Multi/Quattro inverter/chargers. The VM-3P75CT should *not* be connected there.
0 Likes 0 ·
stefan-db avatar image
stefan-db answered ·

This has nothing to do with the ethernet cable. For some reason software is stopped. This is my conclusion because after repowering he starts back. Power reset = software reset. Has also nothing todo with shutdown from internet provider as we had this week several down moments off internet but the meter continued working on the LAN.

2 |3000

koernell avatar image
koernell answered ·

Same problem for me. 3p75ct connected via Ethernet loses connection every couple of hours. In the VRM overview no net meter is visible, therefore the multiplus 2 stopps.

But when i log in into the Venus OS the 3p75ct is still visible, connected and is transferring data. Only after a restart of the GX device the net meter is visible in the VRM overview and the system is operational again.

No error codes in the system.

1 comment
2 |3000

Do you mind logging in remotely to diagnose the issue? Please enable Settings -> General -> Remote Support and send a message when the unit is in this state and leave it like that. If I don't respond within a couple of hours, just reset it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic