question

daza avatar image
daza asked

Victron VM-3P75CT

Anyone with pylontechs able to get the Victron VM-3P75CT working from the ve.can? I want to connect it direct to the GX, but it isn’t picked up by the GX which is annoying.
So pylontechs are wired to the GX VE.can 500kibts and the VM-3P75CT also to the GX and the put on the VM-3P75CT terminated with the victron terminator. But it’s does not show up in the GX.

Ive got it wired ethernet at the mo which works but wanted not to rely on routers and switches. As I type just had a thought just to daisy the VM-3P75CT and pylontech and return to the GX and terminate it in the GX as one

vm-3p75ct
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

What GX do you have?

VE.Can is 250kbit/s and BMS-Can is 500kbit/s they can't be used together.

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE I have cerbo GX, the VM-3P75CT lives on the VE.Can correct the pylontech batteries communicate on the VE.Can at 500kbit/s 200kbit/s causes the connection to fail so are we saying that I can’t use the VE.Can with pylontech batteries?
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

A Cerbo GX has 4 Can ports 2x BMS-Can with 500kbit/s and 2x VE.Can with 250kbit/s.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/installation.html#UUID-0e69c6c5-f21f-4fcd-55a5-3fdb7be6a41b

Or do you have a Cerbo-S GX?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

Hi @Daza

As Pylontechs are communicating on 500kb/s, they should be connected on BMS-Can ports, which only 500kb/s know. At least on Cerbo GX Mark1.

There is no reason to waste the VE.Can port on Pylontechs when you have a dedicated one (BMS.Can) for that.

Alex

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE yes I’m using the VE.Can for the pylontechs with the victron A Type cable are you saying I can use the BMS side for the pylontechs with that cable and it communicate?

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Alex Pescaru @Matthias Lange - DE great thanks always assumed it had to go on the VE.Can as the cable was labeled as such

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic