question

Evgeniy Labunskiy avatar image
Evgeniy Labunskiy asked

MultiRS Solar 3 phase configuration with solar generation

I have one multirs that I bought in 2022 as a backup system (live in Ukraine). Today I would like to extend it to 3 phase system to have a fully functional house (heat pump, ACs etc, not only critical loads)

There are 3 ideas: buy 3 phase singe unit inverter, buy 3 multiplus II (5kW each) or buy 2 more MultiRS

Option 3 is the most desired for me today (less things to buy or change). From design guide I'm understood that they have to be connected to same battery bus (I have Victron distributer for this purpose, so plan to have 2 banks 100A each, so I can have 200A on bus). The question is how to connect solar generation

1. Should I buy external solar controller like Smart Solar MPPT or I can use integrated controllers in MultiRS?

2. What if I have 2 solar arrays, can I connect them to 2 different MultiRSs? Or only to one? How in this case is the battery charge current is controlled (I know in multiplus there is an option to configure the inverter group charge current)?

I also have Cerbo.

And last question: is it reasonable to by MultiRS? MultiPlus is bigger investment as it require to buy not only inverters but also solar controller)

Multi RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered ·

1 you can use integrated MPPT

2 you can connect them to different devices

3 it is reasonable to buy multirs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Evgeniy Labunskiy avatar image
Evgeniy Labunskiy answered ·

One more question: can I have 3 phase unbalanced with MRS? I don't have any kind of 3 phase loads. So can I connect them to one bus but set in config as standalone?

3 comments
2 |3000

andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko commented ·

If you have no 3 phase loads then no reason to build 3 phase setup

0 Likes 0 ·
Evgeniy Labunskiy avatar image Evgeniy Labunskiy andrii-podanenko commented ·
As far as I undertand I need 3 cerbo to control each unit in this case :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL commented ·
Yes you can have unbalanced loads in 3 phase, if you want them standalone you will need 3 battery banks and 3 cerbo’a also

In 3 phase you need 1 battery bank and 1 cerbo

0 Likes 0 ·