question

endurance avatar image
endurance asked

How to influence automatic Battery Monitor selection

Hello,
in settings/system setup/batterymonitor you can either select a specific monitor or use autoselection.
Is there a possibility to influence the automatic selection sequence, means can I specify a primary monitor, secondary etc... by naming monitors accordingly?
I found a ticket https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/901 with a similar topic explaining that the monitor is selected based on alphabetical order.. But I assume this includes the source path like CAN, serial (USB) etc as well - is there a more detailed explaination somewhere?
E..g. I have several serial monitors, use the Battery Aggregator and have a Lynx Shunt (ve.can) connected. I would like to ensure that first the BattAggreator is used first then the Lynx Shunt.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@endurance

I can't remember where but I read somewhere a Victron document that the other of priority is BMS first and then shunt. Nothing to do with the alphabet.

F

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
*order
1 Like 1 ·
endurance avatar image
endurance answered ·

hmm the serial BMS typically reflects one single pack only but BatteryA. & Shunt are overarching so would make sense to use them first.
Alphabet is mentioned in the ticket linked- but alphabetical order most likely includes the device path which should group dbus, can.... first.

2 |3000

Related Resources