question

edward-carbonari avatar image
edward-carbonari asked

Cerbo-S-GX just shuts off

My Cerbo-S-GX just shuts off. unplug and it boots up and stays up sometimes days and sometimes just hours. How do I find out what is going on. It is on the latest update.

TIA Ned

cerbo gx
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
what is its power source?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ snoobler commented ·
Is it getting hot?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
edward-carbonari answered ·

Doesn't appear to be hot. It has a 12 gauge wire direct to 2 lithium battle born 100ah 12.8v batteries in parallel. I have 2 MPPT controllers and shunt that report full charge and have no issues. If I turn off the battery switch and turn it back on the Cerbo boots right up.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

By off are there any lights or just no display?

0 Likes 0 ·
edward-carbonari avatar image edward-carbonari Alexandra ♦ commented ·
No lights. To note, this only started happening after the addition of the touch70
0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler edward-carbonari commented ·
Does removing the display remove the issue?
0 Likes 0 ·
edward-carbonari avatar image edward-carbonari snoobler commented ·

I am going to try that next.

0 Likes 0 ·
edward-carbonari answered ·

So an update, Cerbo has been up consistently. I had run my HDMI/USB extensions close to my hot water tank in the RV. So when I powered on the HW Heater the Cerbo would shut down. I have rerun the extensions and will see what happens when the HW heater is turned on now.

2 |3000