question

mattoesaurito avatar image
mattoesaurito asked

Installation of cyrix li ct vs cyrix ct

Hi there. Just wanted to clarify something so asking for your knowledge.

My current setup for my minivan is a cyrix CT that connects the starter battery with the leisure AGM battery.

I'm planning to replace the leisure AGM with a Lifepo4 battery, so I understand that I have to replace also the cyrix-ct with the li-ct. In the installation diagram I see two poles apart from the positives of the battery, one negative that goes to the chassis as the CT does, and the bms one that I don't have. Supposedly the Lifepo4 battery I'm planning to buy says it has BMS included. Will it be alright if I basically install everything as it was with the CT?

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

No, use the Cyrix-li-ct as discussed previously, because it has different connect/disconnect voltage thresholds. Just wire the -li-ct's charge disconnect wire (85) directly to the Li-side positive (30) since your battery has an internal BMS.

li.png

li.png (77.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mattoesaurito avatar image
mattoesaurito answered ·

Thank you Justin!!

2 |3000

renneps avatar image
renneps answered ·

Regarding #86 in the diagram: What does Start assistant (press twice) mean?

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

It just means that the relay will be forced closed for 30 seconds if you install a momentary switch where noted in the diagram and press twice - see the manual for details

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Cyrix-Li-ion-120-A-EN.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·