question

jurgen-leest-1 avatar image
jurgen-leest-1 asked

Can't loggin to my account, too many attemps won't clear.

I am trying to log into my VRM account, but I keep getting the following error message: "Too many requests. Please try again in a few minutes (1512)." This issue has persisted since yesterday, and I urgently need access to my account for work today.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this error?

(Note: I am using a different email address to write this message, as I can't access the account associated with the issue.)

vrm bug
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Jurgen_leest

So you cant even try to change your password and recover that way with the email address?

I would try the forgot password, and remake a new one.

0 Likes 0 ·
jurgen-leest-1 avatar image jurgen-leest-1 Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks for your reply! I already tried changing the password, but it didn't help—I still get the same error.

I did use the API yesterday, and after logging out, I haven't been able to log in again.

Any other ideas on how to resolve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Do you use the VRM API at all?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jurgen-leest-1 avatar image jurgen-leest-1 commented ·

Yes, I used the API before logging out. Could that be the reason for this issue? If so, how can I resolve it? I've already waited since yesterday without any success.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ jurgen-leest-1 commented ·
How intensively do you use the API?

A change was made recently to throttle users that are sending many requests/keepalives constantly to the VRM farm. If you only do occasional requests, it would not affect you.

0 Likes 0 ·
jurgen-leest-1 avatar image jurgen-leest-1 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Yesterday, I used the API extensively because I had to figure out some issues, and it didn't work as I had hoped. I'm not surprised if that's the reason for the error.

Do you have any ideas on how this can be fixed?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ jurgen-leest-1 commented ·

It should recover on its own as long as the API use normalises.

It is a new change, will ask the team.

(not sure if it is related, but worth checking)

0 Likes 0 ·
Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @Jurgen_leest , did you try logging in on a different network/4G?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic