question

sjoch avatar image
sjoch asked

Globallink/VRM mixed readings, System Battery Voltage and Current

I have two smartshunts and one mppt in my system.

The VRM advanced widget ”Battery Voltage and Current” seem to be mixing the readings?

I cant edit this widget.

Bug or wrong settings somewhere?

img-4797.png

This is the values separately from the smartshunts.

img-4800.png

This is the value from the mppt (connected to Bank80)

img-4801.png

bug reportvrm bug
img-4797.png (162.2 KiB)
img-4800.png (175.5 KiB)
img-4801.png (97.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
sjoch avatar image
sjoch answered ·

More info showing that the system info matches info from both smartshunts.

img-4803.png

img-4802.png

img-4802.png (138.9 KiB)
img-4803.png (192.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

goffen avatar image
goffen answered ·

I experience exactly the same on the Dashboard.

I have two cabled smartshunts (with tempsensors on the battery) and two temp/humid sensors from Ruuvi via bluetooth.

On the dashboard i get two widgets for the ruuvis, and one for Battery plus the graph which both seems to flipflop between the two smartshunts. (Funny that the third party ruuvis behave better than the smartshunts)

In the advanced page i have set up custom widgets and avoided the system voltage, and all is fine.

(But there i have issues with the tempsensors on the smartshunts while the Ruuvi's are behaving nicely)

On sep 11 there was practically no charging from my panels and only the globallink and smartshunts were drawing power. This makes it easy to see what is going on.vrmcapture.png One bank had about 69% and one about 77% . You can clearly see that it changes between the two values , but it prefers the one with 69% especially in the afternoon :-)

And you can easily see how many values of the four for each hour have been 69% or 77%.

This must be a bug in the VRM itself as the same values behave properly in custom vidgets.

Other than this i really love the globalLink. I use the relay to switch on a Victron Orion-Tr 12/12v which powers my 4g wifi-router,webcam, and lots of Shelly devices to remote my generator etc. Before i found this gizmo i had a lot of messing about to try to save power on remote control and wifi with timers and stuff.

-Goffen

vrmcapture.png (75.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Daniël van de Giessen avatar image
Daniël van de Giessen answered ·

I've identified and fixed a bug today where the VRM side would not consistently select the same device connected to a GlobalLink as the source for the "system" data due to some small timing difference. The bugfix was deployed today; going forwards VRM should more consistently show system data from the same device.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic