question

harryh avatar image
harryh asked

Inconsistent VRM Display Data

I've been trying to setup a Cerbo GX using the VRM, and have found inconsistent data between Dashboard, Advanced and Remote displays, with all showing different information. All displays were showing 'Last Updated x minutes ago' or local time for remote, so as far as the user is concerned its 'live' information.

I have removed the cerbo from site and reverted to bench testing and have found that the dashboard in particular shows error data for a long period (hours) before indicating that it is old data, even though the (mostly but not totally) correct information is shown in the advanced screen. The remote screen shows correct information. I would have expect to use the dashboard as the main initial display for a quick check and only delve deeper if required, but I have found that the dashboard shouldn't be used at all!

This is my first experience of Victron VRM and cerbo and am not impressed that the VRM is capable of providing false information to a remote user, despite the correct information being available to the system - how can I believe any information it provides? I'm 800km away from the site and need to provide support information local to the site. With 3 displays showing different data I can't do this with any confidence.

Are there any settings on the VRM that would change this situation, or is it just highlighting VRM shortcomings?

vrm bug
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic