question

jacques-nell avatar image
jacques-nell asked

AC Couple Trip

Hi Guys. I have a Quattro 10 000VA connected with Smartsolar 150/85 and SMA Sunny Central 8000 in AC couple mode with 20Kwh of Lithium battery capacity. I am using 12Kwp of solar modules in total. (7260Wp on the SMA and 4950Wp on the 150/85 mppt). When the batteries are completly charged at 12 noon'ish the Quattro shifts the frequency to throttle the SMA production. This works well but each time the batteries are full and the SMA is throttled through shifting the frequency the Quattro switches off in overload and I have to wait a few seconds for the system to restart automatically. What could cause this? How do I remedy it? Each day this happens about 2 - 3 times.

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Jacques Nell,

Does this installation have a VRM site id that I could have a look at?

My first suggestion would be to decrease the charge voltages to see if that makes any difference. Or adjust the frequency thresholds in the AC PV assistant so the AC PV cuts out sooner in the charging cycle and the DC PV can finish the job.

There could be several changes made that could have an impact, it's a bit hard to say without seeing more data from the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.