question

nonop4 avatar image
nonop4 asked

Color Control CCGX stuck in reboot loop

Hello, I have my Color Control which reboote all by itself without stop for three days, my installation is in function for a year, and I did not do any mofification (https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation-overview)

My installation:

-Color control

-Quattro 48/8000 / 110-2x100 rev2 (V431)

-BMV-700

-BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/70 (VE.Direct)

I saw the same question on the forum but there is no final answer from the user?

Color Control HS ???

Thank you

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mitchell avatar image
mitchell answered ·

I have solved this issue on 2 CCGX units now. I would like to know if this works for everyone. The problem seems to be from broken firmware. It seems to occur more commonly when the CCGX receives a Warning or Alarm from a connected device while in a firmware update.
To solve the boot loop issue I used a Micro SD Card and followed the "CCGX: Update to V2" instructions. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_upgrade_to_v2
Because the device boots from a file on the Micro SD card it's able to overwrite the corrupt data. Once finished update to the latest (Without any devices connected) and you should be all set.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

I have had the same issue before, and did the same fix as described by @Mitchell

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

try to disconnect all connected data cables, coming from the monitored devices and see, if this stops the ccgx from booting in a loop. If yes, reconnect them one by one...

If this does not help, maybe the firmware or device itself got broken.

I would then better contact the dealer, where you bought the device.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Tim from Eat Sleep Van avatar image
Tim from Eat Sleep Van answered ·

My SD card died and caused this too I believe, simply removing it made it boot again. Just one possible solution.

2 |3000