question

dazza555 avatar image
dazza555 asked

Caravan with buck boost DC Dc

Hi all,

Our caravan is set up with Victron Lithium set up and has a Buck-boost dc-dc converter. The problem is that it doesn't charge when van is stationary and tow vehicle is running.

Can this be programmed to work with no vibration (or do I need to change to a different unit).

The second Q I have is does it shut down if the tow vehicle is putting out around 14.5 volts if so can it be programmed to accept tow vehicle voltage or do I need to reduce voltage from tow vehicle.

Thanks in advance as the caravan manufacturer has no idea even though they fitted the setup.

Darren

battery chargingcharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
199-big avatar image
199-big answered ·

Hi Darren,

for you first question: you can change the settings (50) that the converter starts with pin 1 (purple wire) or checking the input voltage.

2nd Question: you can setup the output voltage (setting 20) to the voltage you want - for victron lifepo4 choose 14.2V

Use the victron tool TSConfig to change parameters.

Best regards

Hartwig

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dazza555 avatar image dazza555 commented ·

Thanks Hartwig, so if my vehicle is putting out 14.5 volts that will be to much and I need to reduce that to under 14,2V

0 Likes 0 ·
dazza555 avatar image dazza555 commented ·

Thanks Hartwig,

Found the problem thanks, changed 50 to purple wire as suggested and although my truck was showing 14.4 V on the display when the converter started pulling was dropping to mid 10's, so lowered minimum input to 10 and works. Thanks again for your quick response.

Darren

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic