question

ksmith31 avatar image
ksmith31 asked

Multiplus II HEAVY humm when charger enabled

I have three 48/5000/70 Multiplus II units configured in parallel mode for a on-grid house system.

If I enable ESS, or if I enable the inbuilt Charger, it emits a very heavy HUMM noise. The lights in the house dim and pulse to the noise. I have read multiple posts about noises and I think some noise is normal, but this noise shakes the house. It happens regardless of load.

Any ideas on how to debug or resolve?

Multiplus-IIESScharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Sounds like there is something wrong with the wiring, did you follow all the steps in the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

parallel systems are complex and good wiring (equal lenghts and right cross section) is mandatory to get it work right

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ksmith31 avatar image
ksmith31 answered ·

Thanks. I believe its all perfectly matched with same torque values on all posts etc.

Interestingly it does not occur when I use the Charge Current Control assistant.

2 |3000