question

eddo avatar image
eddo asked

When Multiplus change from bulk to absorption?

I have a Multiplus 2 48/500VA with ESS and a Cerbo GX connected to a battery. The ESS is in "Keep battery charged" mode. The Multiplus is always in bulk mode! What is the parameter that cause the change from bulk to absorption? I alredy try to change "absorption voltage" and " State of charge when bulk finished" but it's always bulk. It's supposed to stay this way?. Am i missing something? Thank you

Multiplus-IIESScharger
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Eddo

The difference between bulk and absorption is usually current to the battery as they are the same voltage. What current is the battery drawing?

0 Likes 0 ·
eddo avatar image eddo Alexandra ♦ commented ·
The current is fine, the Multi give a charge current that follow the dynamic CCL from BMS. However sometimes it gives a costant 1A when the CCL is zero causing overvoltage. Today for the first time my system go on absorption mode but the only manner to did that was set the "Limit managed battery charge voltage" setting... I'm still confused what's the parameters to change system from a state to another
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ eddo commented ·
If yours is a can bus managed system, then it is the battery dictating the battery state.

Absorption may be related to battery cell balancing.

The overvoltage I cannot answer, are you feeding back to the grid any solar?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers