question

Nick Taylor avatar image
Nick Taylor asked

New user - a few setup questions

Hello, glad to be joining the group. Just installed Multiplus compact 2000/12 system in my RV (compact 2000/12 inverter, 100/50 solar charger, lynx distributor, 500V smart shunt and Battleborn batteries). It's all working, great system! But still figuring out some of the system settings, etc. Would appreciate any advice the group has on a few questions.

1) I have updated the default temperature units on the GX touch 50 display screen to F, but the VRM still shows C. I've rebooted the GX, still no change. How to update units to show F?

2) My multiplus came with an external temperature probe, but I've read that I don't need to install it on my Battleborn batteries because the battery BMS handles temperature compensation. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance! Excited to learn more about this system!

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hominidae avatar image
hominidae answered ·

RE (1), check settings in VRM under Preferences - Display Settings in order to set the units for temperature and tank volume

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nick Taylor avatar image Nick Taylor commented ·
Thanks - I updated those preferences on the Touch 50 display in the unit, and restarted the Cerbo GX as it stated. But the display units on VRM didn't change - still shows Celsius.
0 Likes 0 ·
hominidae avatar image hominidae Nick Taylor commented ·

...not on the GX...in the settings / Preferences on VRM:

1716131244021.png

then go to Display Preferences:

1716131297809.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1716131244021.png (18.5 KiB)
Nick Taylor avatar image Nick Taylor hominidae commented ·
That did it! Thanks for the tip - I missed that whole menu.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic