question

pfuhu avatar image
pfuhu asked

Energy meter on AC PV inverter necessary for dynamic ESS?

Hello,

I currently have a Multiplus II GX with a battery. I also have a PV inverter, but this is AC-connected to the AC-input of the Multiplus (older inverter). No PV directly connected to the Multiplus.

I also have a grid meter.

I wanted to start using the Dynamic ESS, but I notice this does not work well in my current setup, since the GX has no idea of the solar power that is generated (it doesn't even know I have PV and also impossible to make predictions of solar output).

Is it correct that if I install an energy meter on the AC PV inverter, the GX can now register the solar output (and make predictions) so the Dynamic ESS will work properly?

Thanks

Multiplus-IIEnergy Meterdynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Short answer: yes :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pfuhu avatar image
pfuhu answered ·

And so I can assume that in that case it will also correctly calculate the correct AC consumption (taking the PV power in count) since it then knows all values to calculate this?

2 |3000

Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Yes, it will, its never 100% accurate but the more info the better result

2 |3000