question

hennie-mouton avatar image
hennie-mouton asked

Cerbo Generator Start on AC IN, not AC load

A Quattro 15k, connected to grid (AC IN1) and a generator (AC IN2), and also some solar DC. I want the generator to be started (by the Cerbo) when grid power exceed 85 A, so the generator can help the grid (and solar/battery) to power the load of perhaps 120 A (230V AC). So invertering is not more that 15 kVA, but load power can be much higher.

However, the Cerbo only allows starting on load power.

I understand the 15 k Quattro can handle 15 kVA inverting, PLUS 100 A passthrough; is this correct?

If all above true, how then to tell the Cerbo when to start the generator?

starting generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Hennie_Mouton

You can not have accepted power from two different power sources on both the ac inputs (ac 1 and ac2) at the same time. The inverter can only synchronise to one.

So choose which one you want as the priority and connect that to AC1. AC2 in is always ignored over ac1 input.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hennie-mouton avatar image
hennie-mouton answered ·

Of course. I know this! What was I thinking :-(

Thanks Alexandra

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic