question

karibi avatar image
karibi asked

CCGX - Controlling Battery Charge Current

I currently have a 'hybrid' system comprising of:

SolarEdge Inverter, Victron Engergy MultiPlus-II, Byd B-Box Battery and CCGX controller

I am waiting for approval to export back to the grid, which can take up to 6 months in South Africa. In the meantime I want to control the charge rate to the batteries such that the charge rate is limited to the amount of surplus energy I have available from the solar panels.

I believe the relevant parameter in the CCGX controller is available under:

Settings -> System Setup -> 'Solar Charge Current Control' - Is this correct?

Unfortunately this is set to OFF and I have been unable to change it. Is there another setting I need to change to enable this? The current firmware CCGX is 2.33.

I am fairly comfortable with Modbus so writing the control loop isn't a problem but I am stuck with enabling charge control in the CCGX.

All suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Isn't that just an ESS configuration in the GX set to either Optimized (with BatteryLife) and Optimized (without BatteryLife)? Not an expert on ESS but trying to read up on it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

karibi avatar image
karibi answered ·

I believe the mystery has been solved. In order to enable Solar Charge Battery Control, DVCC, depending on your battery type, must be enabled.

DVCC can be found under Settings -> System Setup.

I believe that DVCC is used by battery management to protect the battery from an excessive charge/discharge rate which would otherwise potentially damage it and void the warranty.

2 |3000