question

firestorm411 avatar image
firestorm411 asked

CCGX microSD size and format

I have a marine application with a Multiplus, BMV-712, PV regulator and CCGX. All these components seem to be working perfectly. I also have the CCGX sending data to VRM - perfect. However, I would like to add a microSD card for the days when my internet connection is unreliable. I attempted to add a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSD UHS-1 card but it was not recognized by the CCGX. Is the card too large for the CCGX? Does it need to be formatted for Linux? Any other ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Kindest regards.

P.S.

Please accept my apologies if this problem/question has already been answer by the community. I tried to search for it, however, the search facility was not working.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The SD card needs to be 32 GB or less.

From the CCGX manual:

Storage device requirements

• MicroSD cards or USB flash drives must be formatted as FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32 file systems - and not exFAT or NTFS.

• SD and SDHC type microSD cards of 32 GB capacity and smaller are sold containing FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32. They can be used without a problem, unless they are subsequently re-formatted to a different file system.

• SDXC type microSD cards which have greater than 32 GB capacity are often formatted with exFAT, and therefore cannot be used with the CCGX without reformatting and possibly re-partitioning.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.