question

logic28 avatar image
logic28 asked

Cerbo GX analogue output to digital/wi-fi

This may sound like a silly question but what if I want to switch (on/off) a remotely installed water heater via wifi instead of wiring the Cerbo GX analogue output normally used for relays?
Is there a built-in function or do I have to convert the analog signal to digital?

I'm sure I'm not the first one to have to control an electrical appliance away from the GX without a physical wired connection.

Any comments?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

Something like this https://amzn.eu/d/gG3Oveq will do what you want

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

logic28 avatar image logic28 commented ·

Thank you, that is precisely what I ordered last night so that I could try, I'm glad you've confirmed my idea.

I just need to use the relay analogue output to close the circuit and use a receiver to switch on the immersion heater.

screenshot-2024-05-08-at-183641.png

I was hoping that Venus would have a built-in wifi way of sending signals to external devices, perhaps in future developments.

0 Likes 0 ·
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

I think that is doable in Node Red - I haven't powered up my Shelly switch yet - RUUVI tag integration works well I have hope for the Shelby switch

1 comment
2 |3000

logic28 avatar image logic28 commented ·

I'll have to get into this node-red, being new to Victron I haven't had the time yet being busy building the system.

1 Like 1 ·