question

drokklir avatar image
drokklir asked

Including 12V Battery/Alternatior into 48V Solar system on RV

Good Morning!

I am planning a RV with 3x 360W solar panels, 2+ Pylontech US2000C Batteries, option to cennect with a grid to load the batteries and a (backup) option to load the batteries via the cars 12V Battery/Alternator (and optionally the other way around).

My current plan is as follows (fuses for 220V and 12V devices not included):

My first plan was to connect to the 12V Car battery with a BMS and an smart Orion TR. However there is no 48V SMART Orion-Tr.
Would a (non-smart) Orion-Tr (fixed to a good charging voltage) combined with a BMV-712 Smart (to activate/deactivate the charing) work for the 48V to 12V charging work?
I also found some people using a MPPT charge controller to get the 48 to 12V done, but this seems to be advised against.
My current workaround for charging the US2000Cs with the alternator/12V battery would be plugging a car inverter in and going via the Multiplus (something like this).

Is there a better way to do this?

As I am quite new here: Did I miss anything important with this setup?

For the MPPT, I d probably go for the BlueSolar 150/45, as the 3 Panels will serve 34,8A and this seems a little bit too low a margin of error for me. And the BlueSolar, bacause I will be able to access all data via the Cerbo GX anyways. Is this correct?

Best Regards,

MPPT Controllers48v battery48volt charging
1715088003082.png (254.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual