question

Robert Boerescu avatar image
Robert Boerescu asked

Remotely stop/start EV charging station NS charging

I would like to start or stop the charging of an EV remotely and I do not seem to find an obvious way of doing it. Is there an easy way? My previous Fronius charging station had this feature and I used it often for my EV which does not have an app to do it.

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Ehm, via VRM you can switch on/off the EV Charger.

9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert Boerescu avatar image Robert Boerescu commented ·
Where in the VRM?
0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 Robert Boerescu commented ·

@Robert Boerescu

In there:

1715089353982.png

1 Like 1 ·
1715089353982.png (34.0 KiB)
Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack Robert Boerescu commented ·
Your charge should show up automatically there.

Where I live, I can not have a LTE/4G connection, hence I can not use the VRM myself, but from the description of the EV Charger it should be visible, and it does not depend, whether it is ACin or ACou coupled.

0 Likes 0 ·

OK, it showing in the web interface but not on the phone app. Is this normal?

1715090319402.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1715090319402.png (18.3 KiB)
No, it should show on both.
1 Like 1 ·
Robert Boerescu avatar image Robert Boerescu matt1309 commented ·
Thanks, I had to stop the app on the phone and reload it and it is showing now!
0 Likes 0 ·
Another thing is that if I stop charging from the Tesla app it does not seem to be able to start the charging again. Fronius charger was starting fine. Contactor active when charged is enabled, I was thinking that it should be able to restart charging without doing unplug-plug.
0 Likes 0 ·
I'm not sure on that one sorry (maybe a setting to solve it but not sure) I don't have a tesla.

I always start/stop via vrm for my car.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Boerescu avatar image Robert Boerescu matt1309 commented ·
Thank you, I just installed the charger today and I am trying to learn what can I do and what I cannot. I got it mainly to be able to use it with the current Victron ecosystem. The fronius one seem to be better at least of measuring what power is drawing. I had to calculate and enter a calibration value in this one to get something closer to the real value.
0 Likes 0 ·