question

johan-scheepers avatar image
johan-scheepers asked

CERBO "Relay 1" Issue

I have noted that a function of "Relay 1" disappeared on some CEBO's.

I use "Relay 1" as an "Alarm Relay". Previously i was able to switch this relay on and off manually. Please see image.

1714996914633.png

I recently noted on some of my CERBO's, that this function disappeared when selected to be used as an "Alarm Relay. Please see below. This CERBO had he function before, but now it is gone.

1714997088291.png

Age of the CERBO or Firmware doesn't seem to be the issue. I have many units on Version 3.31. Some still have the function as in the first image. Some have lost this function as seen in the second image.

Please advise on how i can get this setting back.

cerbo gx
1714996914633.png (32.5 KiB)
1714997088291.png (30.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

This has been mentioned several times in the Modifications section on beta test releases. Extract from the Venus OS firmware changelog available on Victron Professional for V3.30, 19 March 2024.

GUI: Remove option to toggle the relay in the Settings -> Relay menu when its configured to for a specific purpose (Alarm or Generator start/stop). When using it for automatic generator start/stop relay, use the Manual start/stop option instead. To switch the relay by hand otherwise, set it to manual control first.

Only way to get it back would be to revert to 3.22.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johan-scheepers avatar image
johan-scheepers answered ·

It doesn't seem to be possible to revert back to old software remotely.

Seems like i have to use a SD card with the file and then run it on site.

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
Only way is if it is the stored back up firmware, if it is then you can reboot to that version.
0 Likes 0 ·