question

edurne avatar image
edurne asked

Easysolar 24/3000/70-50 adding string

Hello, Right now I have 2 strings 3 solar panel 280W each, I would like to add another string 3 more panels but the inverter has only 2 sets of MC4. Which would be the best way to do this?

MPPT ControllersEasySolar All-in-One
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Best would be to use a dc combiner box, where all strings are consolidated and you can take 2 cables to the MPPT

0 Likes 0 ·
edurne avatar image edurne Murray van Graan commented ·

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

It's worth noting that there are 2-to-1 and 3-to-1 MC4 connectors, if you want to keep the MC4 connection system rather than cutting off the connectors and wiring to a junction block. I personally prefer to keep the MC4s in place to make it easier to detach and replace individual panels should the need arise.

Keep in mind, however, that if you're connecting more than 2 panels in either series or parallel you should then fuse each individual panel in case one of the panels short-circuits.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edurne avatar image
edurne answered ·

Thank you, sounds good.

2 |3000