question

motees avatar image
motees asked

712 Temperature Sensor wiring

One end of the Temperature sensor wire has *2* prongs. How do I attach this to the +B2 terminal? Using just one of the 2 prongs? What is the 2nd prong for?

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@motees The temperature sensor wiring replaces the single red power wire in a standard installation. The temperature sensor connects to the POS terminal of your battery; the red (fused) wire from the temp sensor goes to B1 on your shunt PCB, replacing the standard PCB power wire; the black wire goes to B2.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

motees avatar image
motees answered ·

I don't understand, as my temperature sensor does not have a black wire.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Hmmmm are you certain you're using a Victron temperature sensor? Literally every Victron temp sensor I've ever seen, including the 50+ on our shelf, has a black wire and a red wire.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@motees, if your sensor doesn't look like this, with a black and red wire (the red being fused), then I might question the authenticity of your sensor...

2 |3000

sparks17 avatar image
sparks17 answered ·

Is the temp sensor wire cuttable?

1 comment
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Yes that's no problem, see note #2 in the temperature sensor manual https://www.victronenergy.com/live/temperature_sensors

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor