question

svgalatea avatar image
svgalatea asked

Color Control GX: Can't adjust brightness or make display sleep

Almost done installing my new system with a 12V Quattro, a BMV and CCGX. When I go into the settings for the CCGX and adjust the brightness slider, it doesn't actually adjust the brightness. And the display will not go to sleep, regardless of how long I set the timer for. What are some things I should try to remedy this? Thanks!

CCGX Color Control
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Which firmware are you running? And did you do a reboot after the changes?

0 Likes 0 ·
svgalatea avatar image svgalatea Murray van Graan commented ·

I am running v2.23. I did do a reboot and that did not resolve the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ svgalatea commented ·

The current firmware runs a test to validate the ability of the flash memory to store the settings. Please update to the latest GX firmware to see if this is the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
svgalatea avatar image svgalatea Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I updated the firmware and rebooted and that still did not resolve the issue. I think that the bus is not terminated inside the Quattro, based on the extra RJ45 terminator I have lying about. Could that cause this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ svgalatea commented ·

The included terminator is for the VEcan/CANbus connection, it is not needed for the VE.Bus connection between the CCGX and the Multi.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It may have a fault.

Please contact your Victron Dealer - https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.