question

anhoume avatar image
anhoume asked

Enable/Disable VRM two way communication by NodeRed?

Is it possible to enable/disable VRM two-way communication with node red? I haven't found any NodeRed nodes that seem to do this. Currently the data usage is waay to high to have two-way communication enabled all the time. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to enable the communication manually without going through the remote console.

Not sure why the data usage is so high. I have no MQTT client requesting data updates, and VRM/Victron Connect is only used occationally. Even though, as soon as I enable two-way communication, all the data is updated to VRM in real-time, causing heavy data usage on my not-so-cheap LTE subscription.

cerbo gxVRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anhoume avatar image anhoume commented ·

To partly answer my own question: Check the cerbo mqtt broker for any retained mqtt refresh messages. I found an old retained keepalive message under /system/0/Serial that seemed to be the problem. After removing this retained message, it works as expected again.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers