question

dylan-hyslop avatar image
dylan-hyslop asked

Adding an String inverter to my setup

Good day all,

I find the low voltages and lack of panel optimizers quite limiting in my Victron install. As a result, I would like to install an AC coupled pv string inverter after my victrons on the critical load side.

However all the reading I am doing talks about frequency shifting, which to my knowledge only works in off-grid mode, I am not off-grid but rather running ESS.

How do I go about adding a pv inverter with the grid functionality?

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

Frequency shifting also works in ESS, in some countries its illegal if it doesnt do that

Pv on critical loads is fine, just keep sure you follow the 1:1 rule

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dylan-hyslop avatar image dylan-hyslop commented ·
How would it frequency shift when its in theory still connected to the Grid?

The grid will be planted at 50.0hz ?

Also how does the monitoring portal then work? It will need to read some production value out of the PV string inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image duivert dylan-hyslop commented ·

If your connected to grid, the frequency shift can be done by your grid provider, in some countries its illegal to use a inverter that cant

When grid connected, surplus can feedback to grid if your grid provider accepts that

If no grid feed, the multiplus 2 can control freq to stop or limit the grid inverter, but only on ac out of multiplus 2, not on ac in

a PV meter like the ET112 can measure the PV and pass data to system

Why do you want to go ac inverter route? DC is much more efficient with battery storage

0 Likes 0 ·