question

habie avatar image
habie asked

Dynamic ESS idle consumption

I recently set up a ESS system with 3x MultiPlus 48/3000/35-16. When the Dynamic ESS put's the inverters in 'idle' the keep discharging the battery with a significant standby consumption of about 200W. I want to see if I can reduce because it introduces significant losses.

1714509360006.png

I read about the AES search mode. However following the youtube tutorial I can't manage to open the downloade VE bus configuration file.
VE configure tells me I should open de .rvsc file in VE bus system configurator. And there I can't make any AES settings.
Any suggestion how to fix this?

dynamic essaes
1714509360006.png (109.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jeroen Peters avatar image
Jeroen Peters answered ·

I see very similar behaviour and have not found the fix unfortunately. Hopefully someone can find a solution to this idle draw and associated losses.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zonnigbreda avatar image
zonnigbreda answered ·

I am dissapointed in the high standby current drawn as well.

My current workaround is to set the battery in external control mode.
It seems to use less power in that mode.

I intend to make a nodered flow for this: If the battery is not actively buying or selling put the device in external control. Note: When you put it in that mode it complains abount the wrong ESS setting. What I don't know yet if that is affecting the creation of proper ESS buy/sell plan

2 |3000

Related Resources