question

matthijsb avatar image
matthijsb asked

How to get ac2 coupled pv to show in dashboard

I have a mp2 gx, at this moment without battery coupled.

I want to get my pv that is on the ac2 out, to show in the dashboard.

How do i arrange that?

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

Hi

You will have to use a meter for that, ET112 for instance

See

https://www.victronenergy.com/meters-and-sensors/energy-meter

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matthijsb avatar image
matthijsb answered ·

Can i use also a ctr11/12 for that? That would make things much easier, and that is shown in a lot of schematics

And if i can use that, how to set it up? If i want to add an assistant energy meter/clamp, it only gives options for a ct clamp with dip switches.

Also, i don’t understand why an extra meter is needed, the mp measures everything already, it sees power getting back in to the grid. Why can’t it use its own measurements?

2 |3000

duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

It does measures ac out, but not separate, so you need a meter on that, current sensor (CSE000100000) is also possible, without the mp can not identify where the power comes from

See: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_current_sensor:start?_ga=2.188900203.1961535941.1714367453-555956731.1714367453

Downside with connecting pv on ac out2, when grid fails pv will shut down too, this doesnt happen with pv on ac out1

et112 or current sensor (CSE000100000) is almost the same price, et112 is way more precise!

2 |3000

matthijsb avatar image
matthijsb answered ·

Thanks a lot!

I know the pv won’t work when grid fails, but my inverters can’t work with victron. I will get some mppt’s for some of my pv panels to fix that problem.

But as i understand, i need a big ct clamp with dip switches or a energy meter. A blue ct clamp does not solve my problem? The blue clamps are way cheaper to find online, and they fit under the mp.

2 |3000

duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

yes, you need the balck ac current dipswitch clamp, not the blue

why wont your inverters work with victron? in principle any grid inverter works, as long as they can frequency shift, if not it could also be illegal in your country to use it on grid

2 |3000

matthijsb avatar image
matthijsb answered ·

Okay, thanks!

Goodwe inverters don’t work with frequency shifting, and in total i have too much solar power to put it on ac out 1.

2 |3000

duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

ah thats why, understood :)

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

How do you run a MultiPlus-II GX without Batteries?

All Victron Inverters need a Battery to operate.

2 |3000

matthijsb avatar image
matthijsb answered ·

Just connect the ac side of it and configure that there are no batteries connected.

2 |3000