question

meshugga avatar image
meshugga asked

VE Buss error Incompatible

I have 2 x Multiplus 3000 230/24 installed in parallel plus 1 x Multiplus ii 3000 120/24 as a stand-alone.

Connecting Cerbo Gx via VE bus to the 230v system works fine. Connecting Cerbo Gx via VE bus to the 120v system also works fine.

Problem arises when I plug both systems in a single VE bus - ie daisy chain between the multis and the Cerbo GX. Errors 3, 10, 17 and 25 - and all multis shut down.

All equipment 2024 build and latest firmware installed. Swapping all UTP cable had no effect.

Am I missing something?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can only connect identical units together.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

A workaround is to use a MK3 Interface to connect the 2nd VE.Bus system. BUT that 2nd system will NOT be controlled by DVCC or other signals it's only shown in the device list!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

meshugga avatar image meshugga commented ·

Great, that gives me clarification. I have both a Cerbo GX (with display) and a CCGX. I will run 2 separate networks - one to each display. Any thoughts on how I can connect the two displays so that my smartshunt will show on both? Use VE direct?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic