question

Preben Hansen avatar image

basic settings vitronconnect

I am brand new in terms of victron charge controller. Also here I never get used lifepo4 batteries but only gel.

There's so much new thermonology that I don't quite understand, and I'm not very good at technical English.

I bought a smart isolate 100/30. a Victron Energy Smart Battery Sense and 4 pcs 190 ah lifepo4 cells, and am very unsure how to set this in victron connect.

the specifications of the batteries are:

Product Name: Lithium iron phosphate cell

Shell Material : Aluminum

Rated capacity: 190Ah

Minimum capacity: 190Ah

Internal impedance: 0.1 ~ 0.3mΩ

Nominal voltage: 3.2V

Dimensions (L * W * H): 174 * 54 * 207mm

Weight: 4.0 ± 0.10kg

Recommend Constant Current: 190A (1C)

End-of-Discharge Voltage: 2.5V

Recommend Constant Current: 95A (0.5C)

Charge Voltage: 3.65V

Maximum Pulse Discharging Current : 528A

Charge Voltage: 3.65V

Max Continuous Discharge Current: 190A (1C)

Cycle life (80% DOD): 4000 cycles

Charging Temperature : -5 ~ 60 ° C

Discharging Temperature : -30 ~ 60 ° C

Is there someone who can guide me, this way down to the beginning stage so that I can make this work in my caravan

MPPT - Solar Charge ControllerVictronConnect
2 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Do you have any cell balancers, or BMS to suit the cells?

Not yet, but it will arive in a few days

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image

Hi PH,

You will find that people are not going to recommend any charging details, other than what your battery manufacturer recommends (details ???) or Victron pre-sets (very safe starting point).

Recommendations.

Have a good multimeter on hand. If you don't have one buy a DC clampmeter for a few dollars more.

Return the Smart battery sense, and buy a BMV712. The 712 is recommended for Li batteries, will network with the Smartsolar 100/30 to provide voltage compensation, and batt temp details. You cant get any sense of the batteries state of charge from voltage alone.

Fully charge each cell individually before bolting them into a battery. Hobby chargers (or bench power supply) are good for this. Monitor this closely.

Strap or bolt your cells tightly. Swollen cells are fubar.

TBC.

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.