question

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack asked

Posting the status of a Shelly switch to the Touch 50 display

I have just enabled several Shelly Plus 1PM switches to give me a load shedding function in my RV. I would like to post the status of each switch, Off or On, on the Touch 50.

For a bit of background, I am running two Multiplu II 2x120 inverter in parallel. These unit can give me up to 4800 watts of power assist on L1. When I am connected to a low capability shore connection, say 3300 watts, the RV can run up to approximately 8000 watts with the inverter assisting.

I have had unexpected loads, such as electric water heater elements or AC units come on causing the loads to spike. Now these inverter will carry an impressive excessive load for a short period of time, but if the load is not reduced, the inverter will shutdown to protect itself.

I have written several Node Red flows to detect these overload conditions and to activate or deactivate two Shelly relays depending on the load. If an overload is detected, both relays are turned off which removes power from the water heater elements. After a time interval, the elements are returned to operational status, one at a time, while monitoring the loads.

I would like to post the operational status of the switches, Off or On, to the Touch 50 so that their status could be monitored in the same location where the incoming and out going loads are displayed . As it stands now, I have to log into each switch from a browser and check the status. Being able to go to the Touch 50 for the information would be a nice upgrade.

So, any ideas or suggestions??

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matteburk avatar image
matteburk answered ·

I suggest you follow this thread https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/259974/my-mods-on-venus-os-main-screen-truma-shelly.html

And then Marcus Bucks Youtubechannel https://www.youtube.com/@roadbuck/videos

Very good tutorials coming.....

/Mattias

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.