question

Thomas Pfeifer avatar image
Thomas Pfeifer asked

Venus GX tank sensor custom name

Hi there, I have two tank sensors connected to the Venus GX (most recent FW version 2.32). I am programming some logic with Node-Red. The Tank Sensor node tells me: "Multiple tank sensors were found with the same name. You can set a custom name for the device in Venus settings."

I looked through all the venus settings pages via Console on LAN - but nowhere found an option to change the device names of "Generic Tank Input (1)" or "... (2)".

Somebody has an advice?

Thx. in advance,
Th.

Node-REDtank monitor
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Just an idea. Have you tried to change the "Fluid Type" in the Settings menu. See if having two different fluid types makes a difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
enya avatar image enya commented ·

Hello folks,

Is there a response to this question? I have the same question/requirement for the 2 temperature sensor inputs on the VenusGX. Thank you.

Unlike the feature to custom name the devices connected to the VenusGX eg: MPPTs BMVs. The input Temp & Tank input sensors don't seem have this feature?

Regards
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Pierre-Andre avatar image
Pierre-Andre answered ·

I second that! I have two fuel tanks. I would like to be able to change their names to Fuel Starboard and Fuel Port.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.