question

Al avatar image
Al asked

Solar / Forecasting Not Working

Hi, one of my sites has never shown solar or consumption forecasting, what could be the reason?

Quattro 10k v.510, Cerbo Venus v3.31, Ve.Direct mppt's v.1.61, Pylontech US5000, stable ethernet connection. (Stock Venus, no mods)

The hourly yield is being recorded.

Location is set.

We can see the 'Show Forecast' button, we can select it, it gives the standard 'may take 3 hours.. etc' but nothing ever shows up - for weeks now re-trying the button. There is no forecast and no show or hide buttons for forecast functions, whether on 'Today' or 'Next 7 Days' < which is blank.

This is on: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/359753/share/2de9b311&nbsp; Remote support is on

Any thoughts?

Thanks

solar forecast
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wilm avatar image wilm commented ·

Your installation is not public, so I can't help you.

Best,
Wilm

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al wilm commented ·

The owner didn't have it public, (I have now asked to share a link and edited first post) but if any Victron staff see they can access with the details even without a share link.

I don't think this is a setup error (Me) but it could be.

Do you have any similar experience?

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al commented ·

It's strange that VRM would give the dialogue for adding forecast but it never actually starts forecasting:

forecast.jpg

solar.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
forecast.jpg (70.0 KiB)
solar.jpg (52.2 KiB)
3 Answers
Al avatar image
Al answered ·

*Update

So we've tried a few times re-setting the correct location in the UK, which didn't work, then we tried changing the location to Mexico for a short test, which didn't work, then we set the location to somewhere in Poland for over 3 hours, which now works!? - Just the wrong location. We'll change it back to London and see if forecasting still works.

*Edit (Working) - Well after changing the VRM location to a random place in Poland and waiting 3 hours forecasting worked, then changing back to the actual location in the UK and waiting another 3 hours and forecasting is now working at the correct location!? I don't know why that would work but it did.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is your system mobile? Does it regularly move or use a GPS on the GX? Forecasts tend to not work in this application, it tends to require a fixed position for a period of time.

If you are in a fixed position, then something may be stuck on your portal.

5 comments
2 |3000

kocki avatar image kocki commented ·
same for me, forecast only works when GPS is disconnected.
0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al kocki commented ·
There's no GPS dongle on this system
0 Likes 0 ·

The System is on a boat, but at a permanent mooring, only moving with the tide up and down.

One thing that may be of relevance is we had to swap out an older Quattro for a newer model as the older one couldn't be firmware updated:

"GX Error #48 DVCC with incompatible firmware: Warning"

The warning has gone now with the updated Quattro and all firmware's, but I wonder if that could have originally upset the Cerbo or portal and has stuck for the newer Quattro?

0 Likes 0 ·
kocki avatar image kocki Al commented ·
No, I also have an older multiplus with firmware v209 that cannot be updated to firmware version 415 or higher. But I can see the forecast as long as my GPS dongle is disconnected.
0 Likes 0 ·
That's interesting, as the system also didn't show forecasting with the older Quattro which I also thought was due to the old firmware, but sounds like that's not the case.

I wonder what could be stuck on the portal?

Maybe a question for @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is location set in the Cerbo? Maybe remove it and re-enter.

3 comments
2 |3000

Yeah, location is set in VRM, already tried resetting it a couple of times but that didn't help.

0 Likes 0 ·
kocki avatar image kocki Al commented ·

Have you tried another location, e.g. Rethymno Crete Greece, thats working for mev01.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
v01.jpg (29.0 KiB)
Thanks @kocki for whatever reason trying a random location then going back to the actual location made it work.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic