question

ian-straker avatar image
ian-straker asked

CCGX gives connection error #154 after updating firmware to v2.33

I have been using USB tethering to connect CCGX to the internet for updating firmware on systems before installing them at customers premises. The last one gave the #154 connection error on site and it had been working before delivery to site . I put this down to a less than ideal mobile phone signal and made a note to test more at a later date.

I have since tested a new CCGX with USB tethering and it worked successfully until I upgraded the firmware to v2.33 whereupon it gave the #154 error.

I restored the factory v2.18 and it connects flawlessly again.

Am I missing something or is there a problem with USB tethering in v2.33?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
pycardie avatar image
pycardie answered ·

Same for me. How do you come back to the previous firmware?

Thank you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ian-straker avatar image
ian-straker answered ·

Hello Pycardie,

Frustrating, isn't it?

To get to the previous firmware ( as in the last firmware that was installed on the CCGX, not necessarily the last working version of the firmware)

Select Menu, then Settings, then Firmware, then Stored backup firmware. This will list the current running firmware and any backup firmware stored on the CCGX. Select the version you want and press the button and you will go back to the version that works.

I have had to use V 2.18 when I would prefer to use V2.32 but I can't find any archive of firmware and my dealer is unable to help with this.

Menu-> Settings -> Firmware -> Stored backup firmware

Or...

Follow Victron's directions for getting technical questions answered and go back to your dealer and ask there... chances are that you will get the same story I get " I don't know, and when I ask Victron they won't reply, so post a question on Victron Community!"

Best of luck!!!!

2 |3000

steffenbrand2607 avatar image
steffenbrand2607 answered ·

Hi friends,

does anybody have a solution for this? I am facing the #154 error when connecting to my internet router via Ethernet cable. Firmware-Version of the CCGX is 2.64.

Thank you very much in advance.

Steffen

2 |3000